Two obstacles stand in the way of fixing up an investment property located outside of your area: contractor cost and trustworthiness. After all, if you can't visit the property after each phase, you must rely on your contractors to get the work done to your satisfaction and within budget despite your absence.
It's hard enough to find local contractors and get quotes when you're local, and much more time-consuming when searching from afar. Fortunately, online contractor quotation services are available. These services can save you time and money as well as ensure reliability and trustworthiness thanks to pre-screening and high standards.
Save Money On Rehab Investment Deals
Some of the best online contractor quotation services we’ve found are:
1. HomeAdvisor.com – Home Advisor prescreens contractors and handyman service providers, making it a snap to find contractors across the nation. Simply choose the type of contractor you need, enter your ZIP code, and describe the project. From there, HomeAdvisor matches you with contractors who service your area. However, you will need to give out your contact information as the local contractors will need a means of contacting you with quotes.
2. QuoteMyContractor.com – QuoteMyContractor is about as easy to use as it gets. Simply enter your project information and get instant quotes from prescreened contractors within seconds. QuoteMyContractor also promises not to spam you with annoying sales calls from multiple contractors, and it assures you that there's no obligation to buy. In fact, QuoteMyContractor encourages users to use its service simply to see what you should be paying. Once you've found a contractor that fits your needs, you can schedule and pay for the service instantly online. Financing is also available.
3. RedBeacon.com – RedBeacon.com helps you find local professionals online or by using its app. As with the other services listed, RedBeacon prescreens contractors. Prescreening is crucial in building trust with users like you. Using RedBeacon is straightforward. You'll fill out a short form online. From there, RedBeacon connects you with up to four local contractors who will call or email you with an estimate.
4. Repairs.com – Repairs.com helps you to find repair professionals for homes, cars, and boats. This particular website is less robust than the others in that it merely lists local service providers who offer the services that you need. From there you can contact individual companies as desired. It lacks an online quote generation tool, though it does offer a “request service online” form.
5. Angie's List – Unlike the other services listed, Angie's List is a paid service. No anonymous reviews are allowed, making it one of the most trustworthy sources of honest opinions. Costs vary depending on the plan you select but are as low as $3.00 per month.
Using these sites is an excellent first step toward finding a reliable local contractor. Get multiple quotes and make smarter hiring decisions will help you save money on your real estate investing rehab deals and projects.