Have you checked deals
in YOUR area yet?
Verify Availability!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 11, 2019, 02:21:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Have you checked deals
in YOUR area yet?
Verify Availability!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 11, 2019, 02:21:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums

Author Topic: Good, low cost, property management software  (Read 19114 times)

Offline motivatedceo

• Moderators
Good, low cost, property management software
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »
FYI for all the landlords out there - I have found a good software program for doing property management. I recently migrated from a somewhat fancy Excel spreadsheet I created (lol) to this...and its really cool. I bought it for $89 off Ebay, and it will work with an unlimited # of rentals.

Checkout: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZLease-Rental-Property-Management-Software-for-Landlord-and-Tenant-unl-/110870731752

You can get a trial version of the software at:
http://www.redlinesw.com/trial.htm

NOTE - normally I would not endorse something like this, but I think it can be a real asset to fellow landlords. I have written MS Access databases before, like for one of my other businesses, but I don't have time to do something like that these days. And most other landlord programs are far, far, far more expensive than this.

Offline jmd_forest

Re: Good, low cost, property management software
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:49:12 am »
Although not officially "property management" software, I've been using Quickbooks for about 7 years. It came in very handy last year when audited by the IRS to give my accountant a copy of the Quickbooks data base because it was software she was already proficient with and she could run reports and follow transactions easily to prepare for the audit.

If set up correctly Quickbooks can keep separate records on each property while still allowing you to see the overall financial health of the business.

Even though I am fairly happy with Quickbooks, I would like to transition to GnuCash (open source double entry accounting software) so I can finally get rid of the last Windows machine on my network.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:52:00 am by jmd_forest »

Offline motivatedceo

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »
Quickbooks is superb when it comes to being good accounting software, I agree. But it is reeeeeeeally not fun to use as property management software. =) LOL! I tried it that way, and couldn't stand it. I need something to remind me when leases are nearly up, need to be able to transfer tenants between properties (e.g. from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom) and see a history of that, among other things ... that would be impossible or very painful to do in Quickbooks. 

Although not officially "property management" software, I've been using Quickbooks for about 7 years. It came in very handy last year when audited by the IRS to give my accountant a copy of the Quickbooks data base because it was software she was already proficient with and she could run reports and follow transactions easily to prepare for the audit.

If set up correctly Quickbooks can keep separate records on each property while still allowing you to see the overall financial health of the business.

Even though I am fairly happy with Quickbooks, I would like to transition to GnuCash (open source double entry accounting software) so I can finally get rid of the last Windows machine on my network.

Offline Investrix

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:12:06 pm »
I still like Appfolio and Buildium.  Both are relatively cheap, easy to use, and fairly robust.

Offline Estrogen Hostage

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:26 am »
I use buildium. It sets up a website for advertising and makes professional ads for craigslist, is relatively cheap, and the cloud based portal allows me to log in whereever I am. That's a big deal for me.

Offline frontaide

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 05:05:50 am »
FrontAide is a Cloud base property management software for managing your guests - it also helps you acquire and retain them. From marketing to booking to check-out and beyond, FrontAide covers the entire guest lifecycle. FrontAide enhances the guest experience, supports your brand with integrated e-mail and web marketing programs that keep guests coming back.

Frontaide

Offline madssingers

• Real Estate VA 2 Hire
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 03:03:11 am »
Great posts here - I have a few clients in my outsourcing business that are landlords and we maintain excel sheets for them - Would be a lot easier even with a quickbooks solution! ;)
Kind Regards
Mads Singers
Operations Director - Real Estate VA 2 Hire
Web: http://realestateva2hire.com

Offline lynn_whittfield324

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 03:01:36 pm »
I have found that the best bang for your buck is RentPost.com. It is very easy to use and has the best value out of all the programs I have seen. Has allowed me to manage my properties much more efficiently.

Offline Redstar1324

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 10:45:00 pm »
I didn't realize software was necessary to install air conditioners and replace flooring.

Accounting software?

Run background checks using various websites.

Offline hgronwald

• Cash House Buyers in California
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 12:25:31 am »
I use a software called Trexglobal and you can pay for lifetime subscription and its in increments like 10 properties at a time. I have the 30 pack and its pretty comprehensive
Harvey Gronwald
Co-Founder - Must Sell My House Fast
www.mustsellmyhousefast.com

Offline caroline

• Caroline Allison
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:16 am »
Hi motivatedceo,
Great and valuable information.
Property management software is useful to maintain a portfolio of various properties.
Thanks!!

Offline harrymethew

• Miami Hard Money Loans
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 05:55:52 am »
i also want to try but the mentioned link is not working.

Offline Estrogen Hostage

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 08:32:27 am »
I didn't realize software was necessary to install air conditioners and replace flooring.

Your rememberer must work better than mine. I have to train my tenants, that if it's not filled out as a maintenance ticket it isn't something I am thinking about. They either need to fill out the ticket online themselves, or make sure they receive an emailed copy of the ticket request if they say something to me in passing or on the phone. This is the only way it happens.

Offline thepropertyhoarder

• The Property Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 09:30:24 pm »
I use Appfolio.  It does take some getting used at first but the ability to take rental apps, sign leases, pay rent, etc. online makes it easy.  It is not cheap if you don't have a decent amount of units t about $3,000 per year but that covers 100 units.  For my 30 units, it's worth the approx. $8 per month per unit just by the fact that tenants can pay via checking transfer for free, pay cash at any 7-11, Ace Cash Express, or CVS for a $3.99 fee, or even pay with credit or debit card but the fee is $27 for that.  I then use the regular Quicken software, I think the premium version for the accounting part.  Appfolio does have the ability to use it for accounting as well but I've always used Quicken and feel better to continue my system.

Offline SPBuyersLLC

• Nexus Homebuyers
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 09:58:22 pm »
Appfolio for sure. Great software and it's very easy to use.
Buying houses since 2015
Tennessee, North Carolina, and Florida

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines