Investor Friendly Agents
Make It Easy To Be Found
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 14, 2020, 08:50:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Investor Friendly Agents
Make It Easy To Be Found
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 14, 2020, 08:50:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums

Author Topic: College Student looking to get started! Any tips?  (Read 3790 times)

Offline lotuspower

Re: College Student looking to get started! Any tips?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 12:27:36 pm »
Some tips for you:
1. Find rental properties in emerging neighborhoods
2. Diversify your investments
3. Do your homework before listening to paid advisors
4. Leverage the experts
5. Get to know your market
6. Set a budget and timeline (and expect to go over both)
7. Treat your investments like a business
8. If you canít beat the price, beat the terms
9. Maintain contact during escrow to secure your deal

Offline myrtle.rankind

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 07:16:42 am »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:17:25 am by Admin »

Offline myrtle.rankind

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 06:46:14 am »
The main tip is making good research before going to do exact stuff

Offline HouseCashin

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 11:38:07 am »
I'd highly suggest to first go and work for one of the already successful companies in your area. Perhaps the best choice would be to find a real estate wholesaling company with at least few people on the team (not a single wholesaler that does everything on his/her own). The reason being is that when you work with a wholesaler with a decent team, the chances are they already have the system in place, in particular - the acquisition guys, deposition guys, transaction coordinators, etc. This is extremely important, especially for the newer real estate investors, to understand an effective structure of any successful real estate investment company. So before you jump into it on your own and make tons of mistakes, better go and work for someone who already successfully does what you want to be doing. Hope it helps. 

Offline Cedell

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 01:47:20 pm »
It will be difficult to truly understand real estate investing as a college student. It takes years to become adept in just one specific RE market. That being said, it would be good for you to start thinking about potential investment strategies and deciding which work best for your financials/time. The RE world has many specific markets and it is up to you to decide which is best for you. As others already said, you need to do property market research and understand the terms that are used. The most important thing you can do now is read as many books and do as much research on real estate investments as possible.

I absolutely agree with you.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:59:06 pm by Admin »

Offline hmarquez

• We buy houses Houston site
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 02:29:03 pm »
What city are you in?
Humberto Marquez
Good Neighbor Home Buyers
https://www.soldtogoodneighbor.com

Offline Alex Capp

• Brotherly Love Real Estate
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 03:18:25 pm »
A ton of great tips above me ... to echo a few and add a few:
- podcasts - they are free, there's a ton of them. research the real estate strategy that you want to learn about (flipping, buy/hold, investing, notes) and dive on in
- try to find a mentor - working for free for someone is a great way to gain some incredible experience - that's what i did in college, worth it!
- network - attend local real estate meetups
- fail fast and fail often!
Brotherly Love Real Estate
We Buy Houses in Philadelphia. BLRE was started by two childhood friends with a dream of flipping houses!

Offline Tom Severston

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2020, 07:12:38 am »
There are some ways of passive investment in real estate that doesnít require much money. Like REITs and crowdfunding platforms. Personally I prefer crowdfunding. There are some platforms like realtybundles, for example, that offer to invest 1000 euros that isnít a big amount of money. There are other platforms too, you can search for them.

Offline cthorne03

• I Buy Winnipeg Houses
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 05:02:29 pm »
If you can scrape together a down payment to buy a house, you could "house hack".

That basically involves buying a house, living in one room yourself and renting out the extra room. That way you can cover your own housing costs, which allows you to save a bit of cash to buy your next rental property.

If that works for you, try looking for a house with at least 3 bedrooms, if not 4-5.

Offline Jessica King

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 05:22:42 am »
What about the experience: read more articles, forums, and books, ask for advice, watch webinars and so on. It will be very useful for you, I think.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:45:24 am by Admin »

Offline SteveKay

• We buy houses New Orleans
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2020, 09:50:24 am »
Being on forums like this and Bigger Pockets is a good start. The bigger pockets podcast is also quality so listen to it in your car or when you walk. I would also attend your local REIA meetings and get to know people. See if you can help some experienced investors out so you can learn from them. Great that you are looking to get into real estate early, keep it up.
New Orleans Investor
https://homebuyerlouisiana.com

Offline renovation320

• Renovation 320
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2020, 10:12:06 am »
Saw this post is a little older, but if you're still keeping up with it then I have some good insight.

I graduated from college 3 years ago. I bought a house and rented it out by the room to 4 other guys (I also lived there).

This paid for my mortgage and a little on top. This was a $200,000 house and I only put down $8500 all-in.

You don't even need two years of proof of income to get a loan - if you are going into a field of work that relates to your major that will cover your two year proof of income.

This was before COVID so lending might be a little more strict now. Feel free to send a message if you want any more info.
Nick
Cash for Houses in Orlando
113 Candace Dr Suite 1
Maitland, FL 32751

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines