Investor Friendly Agents
Make It Easy To Be Found
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 02:14:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Investor Friendly Agents
Make It Easy To Be Found
Click Here Now!

--------------------------
Hard Money Lenders
You Need To Be Listed
Click Here Now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 02:14:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Free Monthly Update
Name:
Email:
Click Here to Register for the Discussion Forums

Author Topic: He Luvs Direct Mail  (Read 34205 times)

Offline REISociety

• REI Society
Re: He Luvs Direct Mail
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2019, 12:27:09 pm »
Keep at it! Your posts are inspiring!
Investor, Fisherman, Jiu Jistu Artist, and Blogger
http://reisociety.com/

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2019, 01:48:57 pm »
I received a post card yesterday from a real estate company, but this was no ordinary card, oh no, this was a fancy high dollar professionally printed glossy 4/6. The front side was in dark reddish orange with the big print saying PRIORITY NOTICE. That got my attention... It gets better, the back side had a color photo of my house and next to that was a photo of a pretty girl. It says Rando, my name is Regine and I buy houses fast, call me today to discuss a Fair Cash Offer for your property at... and in big print her name in white background and bold black print.
I'm in awe, top print says,,, Rando, we have an Exciting Opportunity For You. This side was also in the dark reddish orange with a bright yellow border.
My buddy Jim gets these and he goes on an on about how intrusive it is and what he wud like to do to these people.
I can't deny, this is some slick ass attention grabbing marketing and even has first class metered postage.
Now do I get myself in gear and emulate this? do I create a better one? Do I hit the streets with driving for dollars and doorknob brochures? Or do I hibernate all winter and crawl out from under my rock and emerge in spring with a 3' beard and try to salvage my wholesaling business then?

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2019, 02:52:36 pm »
Driving for dollars takes real effort and recruiting bird dogs is mostly futile. So anyways, about 6 months ago or so, I had this brain surge, while looking at a property with google maps I noticed several houses on that same street that looked distressed, then I found a few more in the neighborhood and soon I had a doz addresses. I sent them to my title company and got names and info and sent out post cards. Not getting any responses, I didnt do it anymore, even though it was so frikin easy.
So here is the kicker,, I just got a call from an old guy named Mason, he says it was his moms house and he's been there since Noah and the flood and thinking bout selling. I realized, it is one of those houses I found on google maps.  Mason says it needs a roof and carpet but has hardwood floors underneath. I got an appointment tomorrow at 1 PM. Looks like a nice prospect, a 3/2, 1250 SF, built in 58 and Zillow says the value is 208K
Looks like the windows have been upgraded but I only see a water cooler on the roof. The house being 50 or 60 yrs old prob needs a major upgrade. The yard is trashed, grass and trees half dead. I'm droolin.
Now if I had half a brain and I cud somehow get the neurons to connect, I wud spend an hour or 2 scoping older neighborhoods everyday w google maps, using my PC, sipping coffee and in my sweat pants and fuzzy bunny slippers.

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2019, 04:20:07 pm »
I just got back from looking over this house. Seller says his name is Nason. I felt sorry for the old guy and the way he is living. Looks like the toilets are not functioning. So much junk piled up on the stove and table and sink. He says his only source of heat is the fireplace insert. But the lights were working. He had a bicycle with a rear basket. The bedrooms were not in bad shape cuz he's living in the living room. He said he was offered 111K and I told him I wud do 112. He says he'll do it but needs his cousin to sign and he lives in Colfax Calif and that's where I sent my original post card to.
I added 20 Grand to the price and sent it to a few of my buyers. One says it is not for him but he has some hungry hippo buyers that will want it. My main buyer is the realtor that drives the white on white Cad Escalade with huge pimp rims says he will check it out. Nason is not in good health, sores all over his face and bent over and moving kinda slow. He tells me his dog died. The property sits at the end of the airport which cud be negative selling point. Has a huge lot, almost a 1/4 acre. Big 2 car garage, not much else going for it unless you like 50 year old pink tile.
So now, I got to get a contract out to cousin Ned in Colfax and see if I can slam bam this. I'm too cautious to be excited.

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2019, 07:09:35 pm »
OK, now I'm starting to get excited, my one buyer Dean, said he's got hungry hippo buyers, whatever that means, he said he's pretty sure he can sell it.
My main guy is Matt, the realtor, I had emailed him the price and a doz photos, first he emails and says he will check it out, then he calls a few hrs later and asks if I got it under contract, I tell him I'm working on that, I already got a verbal acceptance. He tells me to let him know ASAP cuz everything has been selling fast within a few days.
When Matt calls, you know he wants it.
The cousin Ned lives in Colfax, thats in Northern California and Google maps says its a 3 1/2 hr drive, which prob means 4 hrs each way, I'm tempted to spend 80 buks on gas and drive there. But I'll send it overnight priority express receipt requested mail.
This is exactly what we need, distressed seller, distressed property and a hungry market. Come to Daddy.
Time to chew gum and kick some ass and I'm all out of gum.

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2019, 04:18:25 pm »
The waiting game is the worst. Thinking and imagining all the things that can go wrong and that have in past deals.
My thoughts go to Nason, the sickly old guy that is existing in this crap hole. Shud I have gave him 20 or a hundred buks? Not to seal this deal but to help this poor guy out. Shud I bring him a puppy and a bag of chow? Or wud the dog be crapping all over creation and making a bad situation worse? Does he need someone to talk to and empathize. Selling this property I hope will get him where his family can patch him up.
I mailed the letter Saturday to the owner on file, named Helen. If she's dead, then wer talking possible title problems.
Which is my main fear.
In that letter I included the purchase Agreement and a $200 check for earnest. I usually dont do that but I want this deal. I may hav it sold for a 20 frikin grand wholesaling fee.
Will Rand0 crash and burn or with a little compassion and patience, he somehow pulls this deal together?

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2019, 01:47:46 pm »
After a week and a half I get a return envelop with my check and contract unsigned. With a small note that he was the trustee and they had not made a decision.
I was half expecting this deal to go south. But they better do something, old Nason who lives there, sickly, alone, using his fireplace insert to keep warm, and its been cold. Will the old guy last another winter?
Will these people make a decision?
Will Rando bunker down in his northern Idaho cave w Nanuk his faithful moose and give up?
Is there life out there? 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 02:19:03 pm by Randoskie »

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2019, 08:44:56 pm »

The trustee on this deal is named Bart and he's a man of few words.
Trying not to sound too desperate or boot licking, I wrote up a little letter saying I wanted to buy the house but, I was also concerned about Nason, his health and living conditions, and I asked if he had family that cud check on him.
I put it in a small yellow envelope and mailed it last Saturday.
Now will this help me get this deal by being friendly, helpful and etc? or backfire?
Maybe I shud send a load of firewood to the house. Does he need groceries, I don't think he's cooking?
I cud do something. But will I?
Will Rando do nothing and be wracked with gut wrenching guilt?
Will Bart find a higher paying buyer than me?
The truth suks, He probably cud.

Offline javipa

• Profitable Investing Strategies
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2019, 11:29:39 pm »
It can be profitable to look after the down-and-out.  Few will.  Even if it it doesn't result in a purchase, you have done a good thing.  Never mind, helping this guy out, will likely make him a loyal fan of yours.

Do it.
"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/how-to-find-motivated-sellers-2/

Offline javipa

• Profitable Investing Strategies
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2019, 02:45:54 am »
Whatever way you can build good will in your farm is good.  It can open doors to deals that are closed to anyone else.
"149 Ways (Plus One) To Find Motivated Sellers..!"  -Free Report-
>>> Click: http://sub2marketdomination.com/how-to-find-motivated-sellers-2/

Offline Randoskie

« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2019, 03:50:05 pm »
Iíve been seeing TV ads for a local real estate wholesaler. Heís a 40 yr old Hispanic guy. He just stands there with a goofy grin and he has this wild and crazy guy asking him questions like, you really buy houses for cash and close in 24 hours? And it donít matter what condition they are in? He says, yep. The announcer has wild hair and bug eyes, and goes on, wow, thatís incredible. One of his commercials was a Ĺ hr long and he was also advertising his cell phone shop. These must be costing him a ton of money even though they are not on prime time and on the side channels showing old re runs of gunsmoke and Mister Ed.
Iím also seeing some new people advertising on Craigís List. I used to get worried especially in the spring when I wud see new bandit signs around town and new ads on CL, sometimes many. Then a few months later the ads wud stop and no more bandit signs. I just wonder what wholesaling course they purchased with some unscrupulous gung ho Guru that told them how easy & fast and profitable wholesaling real estate is?
Itís not a complete lie. There have been times when deals fell in my lap and I wham bammed them so fast it made my toes curl.  But then thatís not the norm, other times I had to fight like a dog over a rancid bone and crawl thru mine fields with rabid zombies attacking. The worst is getting almost to the finish line and having the deals explode in my face because of this or that.
Who wud buy the real estate course if the Guru explained to them all the trials and emotional and financial devastation that can happen and most importantly, the insane amount of staying power needed?
Not me, I want it sugar coated with a velvet lining and automated & shiny and easy peazy with a double money back guarantee.
The key I believe is, desperation and mindset. And I need a big dose of that now. Dec, Jan and Feb have always been extremely slow. Iíve had 4 or 5 deals go south lately, Come spring, Iím ready to crawl out of my cave, scrape off the barnacles and do something. Or I cud be a greeter at Walmart.

Offline heartlandbuyshouses

• My Seller Site
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2019, 11:41:18 pm »
Congrats on your success! You're an inspiration.
Don Wede
Heartland Funding Inc.
www.heartlandbuyshouses.com

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines