Affirmation--Developing Your Inner Game
|In his book "Think and Grow Rich" Napoleon Hill emphasizes that in order to become successful in any endeavor, it is important to develop a deep and unshakable faith in your ability to succeed. But how do you develop that kind of faith?|
Hill writes... "Faith is a state of mind which may be induced, or created by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind through the principle of auto-suggestion. Repetition of affirmation of orders to your subconscious mind is the only known method of voluntary development of the emotion of faith."
So, if by affirmation we are able to develop one of the major keys to success, wouldn't it behoove us all to write and consistently read the affirmation of all the things we hope to attain in our lives?
How & When Do You Do An affirmation?
I found the answer to that question in a passage from Og Mandino's great book "The Greatest Salesman in the World" and have paraphrased it here...
"First, I will read the words in silence when I arise. Then, I will read the words in silence after I have partaken of my midday meal. Last, I will read the words again just before I retire at day's end, and most important, on this occasion I will read the words aloud".
"On the next day I will repeat this procedure, and I will continue in like manner for thirty days. Then, I will repeat this procedure for another thirty days. I will continue in this manner until my reading has become habit."
What Should That Affirmation Contain?
If you were planning a trip the first thing you would have to know is where you want to go. What is your destination and what do you want to see and do on the way? It's the same when you are planning your life and business. You must first decide what you want. Once you have a clear picture of that then you will be able to write a good affirmation.
Your affirmation is a message to your subconscious mind telling it what you are. It should state that you are already the person you want to become. Write out your goals for the next year and state them as if you had already accomplished them and that accomplishing them is an ongoing process. As you develop new goals--add their compilation to your affirmation. Remember for this to work for you--you must develop a deep and unshakable faith in your own ability to succeed.
Henceforth, YOU will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as YOUR breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of YOUR eyelids.
- Here are some good ideas to include in your affirmation, again from Og Mandino. With these words you can condition your mind to perform every action necessary for your success:
- I will act now.
- I will repeat these words again and again and again.
- I will walk where failures fear to walk.
- I will work when failures seek rest.
- I will act now for now is all I have.
- Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy.
- I am not lazy.
- Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed.
- I am not a failure.
- Success will not wait.
- If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever.
- This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.
- I will form good habits and become their slave.
- Here are some additional phrases great for emotional betterment....
- If I feel depressed I will sing.
- If I feel sad I will laugh.
- If I feel ill I will double my labor.
- If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
- If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
- If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
- If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
- If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.
- If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
- Today I will be the master of my emotions.
We are all slaves to our habits. Fortunately, we have the ability to change our habits and become slaves to the new and good habits. As Napoleon Hill said--there is only one way to make that change and that is through affirmation.
I hope this article will help you in your quest to build wealth through real estate investing.
|Dennis Henson is a full-time real estate investor, author and mentor in Arlington, Texas. He is president of Vanguard Marketing and Investments, Inc. and AREA real estate investor's group. |
Dennis has a B.S. Degree in education from Jacksonville State University and a Master's Degree in Education from Mississippi State University. He purchased his first investment property in 1971 in Georgia and has taken numerous courses by real estate gurus including John Schaub, Robert Allen, Carleton Sheets, Wade Cook, Russ Whitney, Dolf de Roos, Mike Summey, Roger Dawson, Bill Barnett, and many others.
Dennis Henson enjoys investing in real estate, helping people find and purchase a new home, working with new and experienced investors and advanced teaching real estate investing techniques. Many years of experience, constant study, and love for teaching have made Dennis Henson an excellent author and mentor.
|Copyright 2002-2018 All Rights Reserved. Published with Permission of Author. No part of this publication may be copied or reprinted|
without the express written permission of the Author and/or REIClub.com.
Back to Top