How I Accidentally Got Started On Airbnb
At the time, I was working a 50+ hour a week job and was renting an apartment with a roommate who gave me notice that he was moving out. I had heard of Airbnb and had done some research on them.
With that I started thinking…
I could either go find a roommate, or, I could try out this Airbnb thing. So I listed the spare room in the apartment I was renting on Airbnb and in a few days I started getting some bookings.
From listing this one little room on Airbnb, I made enough money to pay my entire rent and eventually all my utilities. I was able to pocket the money from my “job”.
How cool is that!
About a month later, I decided to see how much money I could make with Airbnb. With that, I started to look for my next property.
I went down the street, found a place just a few blocks away, and found a one bedroom apartment. I spoke with the owner, told her what I wanted to do, and to my surprise, she said yes.
After listing that room, I began partnering with property owners.
From there, I figured out a system to automate my entire business so I only needed to work a few hours a week to manage everything.
During my first year I made over $300K “collecting properties” on Airbnb in which I figured out and developed a system to build a multi-property portfolio on Airbnb.
What Is Airbnb Real Estate Investing?
Airbnb is a service allowing anyone to host paying guests in a spare room or an entire property for a nightly rate just like a hotel, regardless of who owns the property.
- Airbnb handles the payments, IDs, calendar, listings, etc. for a very small fee.
- You don't have to screen people or find guests.
- Airbnb pays you directly.
- Airbnb has protections for you and your home
- No experience or technical skills needed
- Anyone can do this. Young, old, retired. Doesn't matter.
- Getting started is a lot easier than you think.
- You can do this in your spare time even if you're working 50+ hours a week.
- Get the best reward from the lowest risk
Most people are under the impression that they need to own property to list on Airbnb. This couldn't be further from the truth. When I got started, I had bad credit, very little cash, and using other people's properties to list on Airbnb – I was building a business without having to own the real estate.
I'd say that's a win-win. Wouldn't you agree?
Building An Airbnb Empire
As I began adding properties, I discovered some great perks to having an Airbnb business, and also developed a proven system to automate everything. This system has not only allowed me to maximize my profits, but has allowed me to be as hands off as possible allowing me time to have the freedom to travel anywhere.
As I began adding properties and growing my Airbnb business, I've discovered:
- A proven way to locate owners who will let you list on Airbnb.
- How to find the most profitable properties that will have you owning the most in the shortest amount of time.
- How to get owners to gladly let you use their properties and why would they don't want to do this themselves.
- How to handle restrictive leases with no subletting clauses.
My friends became curious about what it is I do. So I explained my Airbnb business and how I began collecting properties and listing them on Airbnb. Needless to say, they were intrigued and wanted to learn more. As I began teaching them what I knew, I had then said to myself, “Brian, you need to start writing this stuff down so other's can be sucessfull too.”
Best thing of all that came out of the interactions with my friends – is that I've developed a system to automate the entire business so that someone like you and me can run it from anywhere in the world with a smart phone, tablet or laptop that is connected to the internet.
You don't need a lot of money to get started. You'll be surprised at how little to no money you'll need. Hope you get a chance to join my REIClub training webinar where I will teach you how to get up and running with your first property on a shoestring budget.